The beetroot casserole is really delicious.
– Wonderful, wonderful food, this is how a follower of the Jotain maukasta blog commented on the beetroot casserole.
In honor of meatless October, the week starts with delicious root food.
– A delicious meal that can be prepared for four people in less than ten minutes, writes the food journalist Mari Moilanen of the recipe he developed.
Along with pumpkin, beetroot is one of his favorite vegetables. According to Moilanen, beetroot casserole fills the bellies of a family of four well.
– It instantly became my favorite. Incredibly good and easy, Moilanen enthuses.
The beetroot casserole has few ingredients, but their combination works well.
According to Moilanen, the rice brings foodiness to the dish and the saltiness of the parmesan. The taste pairing of pineapple and beetroot is very good.
Blue cheese is often combined with beetroot, but according to Moilanen, Parmesan gives more space to other ingredients than blue cheese.
The ingredients melt in the oven into a silky, tasty whole. Moilanen writes on his social media that you can’t help but like this.
(for 4 people)
1 kg of beetroot
1 yellow onion
3 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 1/4 dl of rice
2 tablespoons of wheat flour
1 vegetable stock cube
2.5 dl of water
1 pc crushed pineapple
2 teaspoons of salt
a few pinches of black pepper
75 g of grated parmesan
10 g (about 2 tablespoons) of butter
1. Grate the beets into a coarse grater. Pour into a greased baking dish.
2. Chop the yellow onion and garlic cloves. Fry the onions until soft in olive oil. Add the rice and saute for a while. Add wheat flour and cook for a while more.
3. Grate the vegetable stock cube into the water and add to the pan. Mix until smooth. Add crushed pineapple and 50 g of Parmesan. Save 25 g of parmesan on top of the pan. Pour the sauce into the baking dish and mix well with the grated beetroot.
4. Bake the beetroot casserole in a 180-degree oven under foil for about 1 hour 20 minutes, until the beetroot is soft. Remove the foil and add the remaining 25 g of grated parmesan and butter cubes to the surface. Bake the pan for another 10 minutes until the parmesan has melted.