Zucchini makes a wonderful boxed meal.
Zucchini season is at its best, so you should take advantage of the multipurpose vegetable now.
Zucchini is inexpensive, healthy and easy to eat. Zucchini is known to have a mild taste, which makes the vegetable quite versatile. Zucchini can be used versatilely in cooking, as it works in pastas, boxes, sauces as well as raw.
In baking, zucchini brings a wonderful juiciness to a dry cake, for example. However, the savior of everyday life is the zucchini mincemeat casserole, which simmers in the oven and gets a wonderful taste there.
Potatoes and minced meat bring food to the box. Tomato zucchini casserole is delicious for the whole family, and the taste does not deteriorate by the next day, on the contrary. It’s worth making a double batch of the casserole at once, so there’s enough to eat for several days.
Remember to choose crunchy zucchini. Small zucchinis have the best taste.
1 kg of potatoes
3 small zucchini
700 g ground beef
3 cloves of garlic
800 g of crushed tomatoes
1 ball of mozzarella
150 g of grated cheese
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tablespoon Mediterranean herb mix
1. Brown the minced meat in a pan. Add onion and garlic as well as salt and pepper and finally crushed tomato.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices.
3. Slice the zucchini lengthwise.
4. Layer half of the potatoes, minced meat sauce and zucchini slices in the baking dish.
5. Tear the mozzarella over the zucchini slices and make another layer with the remaining ingredients.
6. Sprinkle grated cheese over the pan.
7. Bake at 175 degrees for about 1 hour.
If you like a strong cheese taste, you should replace the regular cheese grater with Parmesan grater. The strong taste of Parmesan deepens the flavor of boxed food in a delicious way.
Italian parmesan is aged for a long time, 12-40 months depending on the quality. Grana padano cheese is also a good match for Parmesan in cooking, which is usually a bit more affordable than Parmesan.