A good year after being taken over by the US clothing group Levi Strauss & Co., the sportswear brand Beyond Yoga opened its first shop on Wednesday. In the Californian city of Santa Monica, the Los Angeles-based label is now using premises with an area of around 370 square meters that previously housed a Levi’s shop. There, Beyond Yoga offers its entire range for women, men and children.
“Expanding into retail is an exciting moment for the brand, and we can’t wait to meet more of our customers in person,” said Michelle Wahler, co-founder and CEO of Beyond Yoga, in a statement. “Santa Monica is an ideal location for us. Not only is it a unique place in the Los Angeles area with a mix of locals and tourists, but it’s also home to many of our most loyal customers.”
The next expansion step in the region is already planned. According to the company, Beyond Yoga’s second store is scheduled to open later this year at the Irvine Spectrum Center. In addition, more new openings are “foreseeable,” explained Levi Strauss.
- Levi Strauss names Amisha Jain as new head of South Asia, Middle East and Africa
- Levi Strauss presents “aggressive expansion strategy” for East Asia and Oceania
- Strong first quarter: Levi Strauss is able to significantly increase sales and earnings
- Levi’s Europe Head of Logistics on the new distribution center: “We are making this investment to stay in Europe”
- Levi Strauss stops activities and investments in Russia