A forgotten pan on the fire caused a lot of commotion at Lindelaan in Assen last night. Emergency services arrived just after 4 a.m. to report a house fire.

    When the fire brigade, ambulance and police arrived on the scene, it turned out to be a pan that had remained on the fire. As a result, the house was filled with smoke.

    The resident was able to get out of the house in time. The man was checked in the ambulance by paramedics, but he did not have to be taken to the hospital. The fire brigade ventilated the house, which suffered extensive smoke damage.

    ttn-41