Cowboy soup is a Swedish everyday dish that can be prepared in the blink of an eye.
Cowboy soup has been on the lips of Finnish home cooks this winter, as food groups on social media have been buzzing about the soup, which is easy to prepare and has an incomparable taste. The simplicity of the hit soup delights many, and the soup brings much-needed variety to the list of easy everyday dishes.
Cowboy soup is a tomato minced meat soup, for which you can find several different recipes on the Internet. In Sweden, soup is especially popular with families with children, and soup is also available in Swedish schools.
Some recipes add beans to the soup, while others add corn. There are as many versions as there are home cooks. In any case, the juju of the cowboy soup is in the paprika and the tomato and cream broth, which give the soup its characteristic taste. With other ingredients, the only limit is your imagination, so you should also make use of wilted vegetables or fresh herbs from the fridge.
400 g minced meat
3 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 bell pepper
6 dl of water
4 tablespoons of tomato puree
1 vegetable stock cube
2 dl cooking cream
1 kg of potatoes
2 teaspoons of oregano
2 teaspoons paprika powder
1. Chop the onion and garlic cloves.
2. Sauté the chopped onion in olive oil in a pot.
3. Add minced meat and chopped garlic. Brown the minced meat.
4. Chop the paprika into small pieces. Peel and chop the potatoes.
5. Add peppers, water, tomato puree, vegetable stock cube and cream to the pot. Wait for the soup to start boiling.
6. Add the potatoes and spices to the boiling broth. Cook for about ten minutes until the potatoes are cooked.