Asbestos released during barn fire in Exloo

Asbestos was released during a fire in a barn attached to a house in the Taxuslaan in Exloo. The fire started around 11:30 am. The residents suffered smoke inhalation. They were checked by paramedics but ultimately did not have to go to the hospital.

The damage to the barn was significant, but firefighters prevented the building from burning down completely. During the fire, asbestos blew into the back door of the house, so that the residents were not allowed to stay in their home tonight. Emergency services ensured that they could sleep elsewhere tonight. The damage to the home will be further investigated by the emergency services tomorrow.