Seven people were hospitalized in Zwolle last night after they became unwell in their house on Burgemeester Brouwerstraat in Ruinerwold. The culprit turned out to be a coffee pot in the room, which was causing the carbon monoxide.

    After measurement by the fire service, it turned out to be an excessive amount of carbon monoxide in the home. Earlier in the day, one of the residents had also become unwell and was taken to hospital. Firefighters ventilated the house.

    Earlier this month, four people in Emmen became unwell due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    An earlier message stated that it would be an improvised stove, but it is a coffee pot.

    ttn-41