In Tiktok, microchips have already become a phenomenon.
If you haven’t tried microchips yet, it’s about time. At least if you love chips.
Tiktok is currently full of various microchip videos. It has become a downright phenomenon.
When you make chips yourself, you can influence the potato variety and its quality, as well as the amount of salt.
Of course, it must be admitted that the chip bowls fill up faster if you pour the contents directly from the bag. However, making microchips is really easy – amazingly easy.
You only need potatoes, oil, salt, a cheese grater, a plate & bowl, tongs and a microwave. Patience is also important, because the potato slices have to be microwaved for a while, turned, microwaved more and allowed to cool.
The end result is rewarding.
a splash of oil
a pinch of salt
(other spices such as herbs, garlic or paprika powder)
1. Rinse the potatoes. Slice them into thin slices, for example with a cheese grater or mandolin. Put the potato slices in a bowl of cold water for a while.
2. Dry the potatoes with a kitchen towel or paper towel. Place the potato slices on a flat plate so that they do not touch each other.
3. Carefully drizzle oil over the potatoes or brush the oil with a spatula, sprinkle with salt.
4. Microwave for 2-3 minutes and turn the slices. Keep micronizing. You are careful not to burn the potatoes.
5. If you want, you can still season with herbs.