Resident dies in room fire in rest home in Sint-Pieters-Woluwe | Brussels

“The municipal authorities were notified at 00:55 on Friday of a fire in a room on the third floor of the Parmentier residence, a rest home in Woluwe-Saint-Pierre,” the statement said.

The emergency services were on the scene very quickly and quickly had the flames under control, but that could not prevent the occupant of the room from dying in the incident.

The fire was contained to one room. The other residents who were evacuated as a result of the facts have since been able to return to their rooms.