Onion temptation is a vegetarian jansson temptation.
– Onion temptation was my idea at the beginning of the year, when my mind made something really ordinary, comforting food in the middle of winter, says the food supplier Mari Moilanen Something tasty in his blog.
Moilanen reminds that caramelized onions are a comfort food from the best end. Potatoes and onions create a very good temptation for the vegetarian jansson. Admittedly, the name of this oven dish is Moilanen’s temptation.
– I am a great friend of the Jansson temptation, but many do not warm up to the salty taste of anchovies. Then you should turn to this onion temptation of Moilanen, because the taste is creamy.
(For 6 people)
7-8 yellow onions
25 g of butter
1/2 dl of water
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon capers
1 kg of potato strips
4 dl cream
125 g Appenzeller cheese (or other tasty cheese)
1. Peel and slice the onion thinly. Melt the butter in a pan, add the onion slices and a drop of water. Cover the onions with baking paper and weight, eg on the lid of the pan. Let simmer until golden brown and caramelized.
2. In a large bowl, mix the potatoes, caramelized onions, capers, grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle the baking pan with butter and pour the tempting ingredients into the pan. Finally add the cream to the pan. Bake in a 200 degree oven for an hour. Serve with crispy green salad.