After the separation from sports director Hasan Salihamidzic, FC Bayern is looking for a successor. The candidate is Markus Krösche, who has earned an excellent reputation as sports director of Eintracht Frankfurt. Now the 42-year-old has commented on the rumors of a change.
“You can’t prevent certain things, including speculation. But I said weeks ago that Eintracht is my focus and that I really enjoy working here,” emphasized Krösche in an interview with the “Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung”. “: “We’ve had two exciting years here and I’m looking forward to everything that’s to come.”
When asked whether there had been any concrete offers, the SBU official replied: “There are always loose inquiries, but that’s irrelevant.”
Krösche switched from RB Leipzig to Hessen in the summer of 2021. This Saturday, both clubs will meet in the final of the DFB Cup in Berlin.
FC Bayern without a chance? “Markus Krösche has no exit clause”
Meanwhile, Frankfurt’s supervisory board boss Philip Holzer confirmed via “Bild” that Eintracht is also planning with its sports director for the 2023/2024 season.
“Markus Krösche does not have an exit clause in his contract and is an essential building block for our successes in the past two years. We know from discussions with him that he is not considering a change and is only concentrating on his work in Frankfurt”, revealed the 57-year-old.
According to reports, European greats such as Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC, Tottenham Hotspur and Ajax Amsterdam are said to have recently been brushed off at Krösche. His working paper at the SGE is valid until 2025.
“The fact that his name is associated with other top clubs shows that the very good work at Eintracht Frankfurt is recognized nationally and internationally,” commented Holzer on the poaching attempts.