Sargeant’s F1 career threatens to end.
Logan Sargeant caused an uproar with his bumping in the qualifying sessions of the Japanese GP. The Williams driver scrapped his car almost completely.
The driving error was seen in the Q1 phase of qualifying.
– He just can’t keep the package together, team manager James Vowles snorted.
The critics were also joined by an F1 legend, currently working as a Sky Sports expert Ralf Schumacher.
– Sorry, but he drives in the wrong series. Such a mistake should not happen in F1.
– He is a little desperate, and driving is forcing. You can’t drive like that, Schumacher charged Kronen Zietung by.
Sargeant’s F1 career is at stake.
Rumors have suggested his replacement Liam Lawson, Mick Schumacher and Felipe Drugovich.
– To be honest, the car just left. I still tried to cope with it, but after that the grip disappeared even more. There was nothing left to do. I drove out, the American Sargeant said on Viaplay.
Japanese GP: qualifying results
1. Max Verstappen, Red Bull
2. Oscar Piastri, McLaren
3. Lando Norris, McLaren
4. Charles Leclerc, Ferrari
5. Sergio Perez, Red Bull
6. Carlos Sainz, Ferrari
7. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes
8. George Russell, Mercedes
9. Yuki Tsunoda, AlphaTauri
10. Fernando Alonso, Aston Martin
11. Liam Lawson, Alpha Tauri
12. Pierre Gasly, Alpine
13. Alex Albon, Williams
14. Esteban Ocon, Alpine
15. Kevin Magnussen, Haas
16. Valtteri Bottas, Alfa Romeo
17. Lance Stroll, Aston Martin
18. Nico Hulkenberg, Haas
19. Guanyu Zhou, Alfa Romeo
20. Logan Sargeant, Williams