Lto final will be on July 7th in the Etruscan Museum of Villa Giulia, as per tradition the first Thursday of the month. But, in the meantime, in the presence of the twelve finalists, have just been announced i 12 books in contention for the 2022 Strega Awardthe most important Italian literary prize.
Witch Prize 2022, the names revealed in the final
The much sought-after recognition is awarded to the author who publishes a book between 1 March of the previous year and 28 February of the current year. Last year, it was the author who won Emanuele Trevi with the book Two lives published by Neri Pozza.
And for this edition, who to expect and catch up with the next readings?
Witch Prize 2022, the 12 finalist titles
Here are the 12 finalist books for the 2022 Strega Award in the order in which they were presented.
1. Alessandra Carati, And then we’ll be safe, Mondadori
2. Alessandro Bertante, Hit and run, Baldini + Castoldi
3. Claudio Persanti, That damned VronskyRizzoli
4. Daniela Ranieri, Updated roadmap of all my kisses, Bridge to graces
5. Davide Orecchio, Open storyBompiani
6. Fabio Bacà, NovaAdelphi
7. Jana Karšaiová, Velvet divorceFeltrinelli
8. Marco Amerighi, Stray, Bollati Boringhieri
9. Marino Magliani, Lieutenant Dumont’s telescope, The footprint
10. Mario Desiati, Spatriate, Einaudi
11. Veronica Galletta, Nina on the embankmentMinimum Fax
12. Veronica Raimo, Nothing trueEinaudi
The finalists for the European Witch Prize
In conjunction with the nominations of the finalists, the names of the candidates of the European Witch Award: Megan Nolan, Amélie Nothomb, Mikhail Shishkin, Sara Mesa and Elin Cullhed.
Participate in the competition five writers recently translated that have won an important national recognition in the countries of origin.
The award – the candidates of which will be voted by finalist writers and winners of the Strega Prize – will then be assigned to Turin Book Fairscheduled between 19 and 22 May.
The steering committee
The 12 finalist books were chosen by the Steering Committee of the award composed of Pietro Abate, Giuseppe D’Avino, Valeria Della Valle, Ernesto Ferrero, Alberto Foschini, Paolo Giordano, Dacia Maraini, Melania G. Mazzucco (the president, who underlined how “the years of the pandemic have somehow entered the chosen books.
Now, in fact, the intimate dimension and self-reflection predominate »), Gabriele Pedullà, Stefano Petrocchi, Marino Sinibaldi, Antonio Scurati and Giovanni Solimine. Jurors could choose from either 74 books presented by Sunday friendshistorical group of the jury of the Award, and propose others.
iO Donna © REPRODUCTION RESERVED