Calle Halfvarsson swindled money for years. Now he’s going to change.
Ski stars, like Iivo Niskanen, Johannes Kläbo and Frida Karlsson earn six-figure sums. Then a World Cup medalist stands out from the crowd Calle Halfvarsson.
Last year, the Swedish skier’s company Calle Halfvarsson ab made a loss of about 32,500 euros with a turnover of just under 71,000 euros. The company’s result has been in the red for three years in a row.
– No idea what happened. It’s been better for years. I accept tips, Halfvarsson laughs.
The three-time relay World Cup medalist admits that his finances have been poor during his life.
– I haven’t looked at receipts for probably 15 years. A person lives only once and is 20-30 years old only once. Then you have to enjoy. I’ve never been a dick.
Halfvarsson has invested in experiences.
– I bought a scooter and a jet ski, nice cars. I ate out a lot. Of course it paid. I could have been smarter and nicer before.
– Now I am 34 years old. I’m not sad that I spent money. I had fun.
An expensive house
The 2021-2022 season was a difficult one for the skier who won the relay World Cup medal three times.
He reached the top 10 only four times in the personal distances of the World Cup, and medals in the Olympics were far away. The World Cup prize money was 15,543 euros.
At the end of 2022, Halfvarsson was fourth in the top ten. That meant the prize pool grew. The Swedish skier earned more World Cup prize money in the 2022–2023 season than ever before in his career: 68,500 euros.
Despite debts of thousands of euros, the company has 39,000 euros in its cash register. There are plenty of uses for crowns.
– My family and I live in a detached house that my father was building. The house is handsome, but also expensive. Family life is also expensive, he refers to the child and the mortgage.
Belongs to the Halfvarsson family Isabel-in addition to his spouse, a son born last year. The couple is expecting their second child.
The skier enjoys fatherhood.
– I can’t just play and be with friends anymore. This life is great, even though there are more responsibilities than before.