Chess world champion Magnus Carlsen has again announced that he intends to comment on the allegations of cheating against the American Hans Niemann in the coming week.
When asked if he would also provide evidence of his cheating allegations against Hans Niemann next week, Magnus Carlsen replied after reaching the semi-finals of the Julius Baer Generation Cup: “That will be addressed next week.”
The Norwegian previously reported backing from the scene, which he learned after his serious allegations against 19-year-old Niemann.
He can reveal that some players supported him even more in direct conversations than they did in public, said Carlsen: “I can understand that very well, and I certainly appreciate it.”
Whether and what kind of evidence Carlsen has in his hand against Niemann is still not clear.
The Norwegian made it clear on Tuesday that Carlsen was convinced the American was cheating when he mentioned Niemann’s coach Maxim Dlugy by name in an interview. A few years ago, said Dlugy was found to be cheating on the “chess.com” platform. The 56-year-old was then banned.
Duel between Carlsen and Niemann is cancelled
In the meantime, there will be no direct duel between Magnus Carlsen and Hans Niemann, at least in the Julius Baer Generation Cup. While Carlsen defeated Levon Aronian 3-1 after trailing 1-0 in the quarter-finals, Niemann was eliminated after a 1.5-2.5 defeat against Vietnamese Le Liem. Niemann and Carlsen could have met in the final at the earliest.
Carlsen’s next opponent in the semifinals is Germany’s Vincent Keymer, who surprisingly won his game against Indian superstar Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa 3-1.