In the search for a replacement for the sick Sébastien Haller, Borussia Dortmund is said to have struck gold in the Italian Serie A. The son of a true coaching legend is said to have been targeted by BVB.

    Like the Spanish sports newspaper “mark” reported on Sunday, BVB has found a replacement for striker Sébastien Haller in Italy.

    Giovanni Simeone, who is under contract with Hellas Verona, has therefore aroused the interest of the black and yellow. The negotiations are said to be in the decisive phase.

    With Juventus Turin, another well-known club is said to be vying for the 27-year-old striker, but BVB are clearly ahead, writes the Spanish newspaper.

    According to the report, those responsible for the black and yellow want to travel to Italy as early as next Thursday to finally wrap up the deal. It is not known how high the transfer fee for Simeone would be.

    BVB confirms striker search

    Giovanni Simeone moved to Serie A from his native Argentina in the summer of 2016 and has since appeared for four different clubs in Italy’s top flight. The son of Atlético Madrid coach Diego Simeone has scored 67 goals in 215 league games. His current contract with Hellas Verona runs until the summer of 2026.

    Those responsible confirmed on the sidelines of the cup game on Friday against TSV 1860 Munich that BVB will now try to find a replacement for Sébastien Haller, who is suffering from a testicular tumor.

    “The search is on,” said sports director Sebastian Kehl after managing director Hans-Joachim Watzke had previously asked for patience and emphasized that he didn’t want to rush anything. However, since it has become clear that Haller will be missing from the team for several months, the search for a replacement has become a priority for Dortmund.

    ttn-9