Beata Leppilampi intends to combine work and childcare.
Figure skating coach Beata Leppilampi, 27, will return to work in the summer after maternity leave.
Beata and actress-presenter Mikko Leppilampi had their first common child in September last year. Little boy Caspian has kept the couple busy.
– As all parents say, baby time goes really fast. Sometimes I am horrified at how fast she is growing, Beata tells Iltalehti.
Even sleep rhythms have been slowly caught at home.
– I have studied all the instructions on how to make a baby fall asleep in his own bed and when to sleep. Now we have a clear rhythm that has made life easier.
Return to work
The former Miss Finland finalist and competitive skater now works as a coach. The next project is Beata’s own figure skating camp, which she will run in Leppävirta in July.
– It’s wonderful to get to camp after a long break. It’s been nice to plan a camp next to a baby bubble so there’s more to think about at times.
The little boy comes to camp with his mother.
– I don’t know if the baby is dependent on the mother or the mother is the baby, Beata laughs.
However, motherhood has not completely changed her.
– My identity has not gone new, but the priorities are. I’m still the same person as before, but my life has only become more love and content, he ponders.
Husband Mikko Leppilampi recently switched from acting to back acting. Mikko has been praised for his lead role in the crime series Hautalehto: Kylmä syli. Prior to that, she was a long-time presenter of Dancing with the Stars.
The ladybugs got married in August last year. The marriage is Beata’s first and Mikko’s second: Mikko was previously married to doctor Emilia Vuorisalmi and the ex-couple has a daughter born in 2005 Lilia Leppilampi.